The BlueCat Screenplay Competition wants to read your script!
We provide every submission a guaranteed full read of your script with free written notes as a part of your entry fee. All writers are eligible to win cash prizes and industry attention to the winners and finalists.
We accept feature screenplays, TV pilot scripts and short scripts. We pride ourselves on our transparency, our tradition of celebrating the very best stories, and our judge, Gordy Hoffman, a writer and educator, who started BlueCat in 1998.
We look forward to reading your work!
- Every script submission will receive a complimentary written analysis.
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive $7,500. All scripts submitted are eligible.
- The Feature Screenplay Winner will receive $3,000.
- The TV Pilot Script Winner will receive $3,000.
- The Short Script Winner will receive $3,000.
- The Fellini Award will be awarded to the best script from any category (Feature, Pilots or Short) of the 2023 Competition written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA and will receive $2000.
All scripts will be eligible to be resubmitted after receiving your written analysis. All resubmissions will be counted as a separate entry to the competition.
The BlueCat Newsletter
Every week, we send out a newsletter filled with screenwriting-related content: blogs, interviews, articles, script downloads, videos, tips and more.
Please sign up and join our community of writers today!